Monday 11 August 2014

Book Review | The Toothless Tooth fairy

Title: The Toothless Tooth fairy

Author: Shanelle Hicks

Genre: Children's 

Pages: 28

Series: stand alone

Publisher: Mirror Publishing

Rating: 3 stars


Bella had it all. The hair, the dress, and the smile. One day, her most important asset was missing...her tooth! Will Bella find the perfect tooth in time for the contest? Will Zelda, the meanest of the fairies, destroy Bella's chances of winning the crown? Take a journey onto Cloud Nine as Bella searches for a new tooth only to discover the tooth...I mean truth...behind her true beauty.


Writing this review is going to be a challenge for me because I think it is hard for a teenager to judge a book meant for younger children. However, i shall give it my best shot!

If I picture a younger of myself reading the book I can tell you that I (and pretty much any other girl below age 7 who loves fairies and girlyness) would really enjoy this book. 

I think what readers would like would be the cute illustrations and the characters themselves. You have your classic 'goodie' and 'baddy' (what more does a girl need!) The plot was pretty good, although I feel it could have had a bit more depth (but maybe that's just me being a teenager!) 

The moral of the story was good and I really liked how it taught you that it's not all about looks and being perfect but about how you treat other people and that kindness is often more treasured than beauty. 

I gave this book a 3 star rating because I liked it, yet I think there are quite a few books of similar story line and morals out there. 

I would definitely recommend this book to any girly girl under the age of 7. And I think it would especially benefit a child who is learning to read as it has nice illustrations to go with a small amount of text on each page so that the reader is not intimidated.

Happy reading
Hebe x




No comments:

Post a Comment